When you cover yourself in Blue, it’s all about you. You get:
- A name you can trust.
- Benefits you can count on.
- Our network of providers across the state.
- 25 plus years of experience serving South Carolinians.
A History of Caring
We launched our first HMO in 1984. In 2008, we added our Medicaid option for people who are eligible in South Carolina. When we first went live, we were in 34 counties with fewer than 10,000 members. Since then, we are proud to say we have grown to be in nearly every county in the state. Our main focus is you. We make sure:
- You have low copayments for visits to doctors and for generic or brand drugs.
- You get extras. We have a prenatal program for moms-to-be. We also have a nurse help line you can call 24/7 to talk privately about any health topic. Or you can get help deciding what to do or where to go for a health problem.
- Our local staff can help you. Community Resource Coordinators help match your needs with local resources to get you the right care.
- When you need one, you get a case manager. A case manager will work with you and your doctors to help you take care of health issues like asthma, diabetes and pregnancy.
Coverage Close to Home
As the number of members we serve grows, so do the number of ways we get involved:
- We offer health fairs, one-on-one member meetings and availability at local events.
- Our Diaper Drive in 2011 collected nearly 300,000 diapers. We donated these diapers to help struggling new moms.
- We also hold baby showers and events throughout the state to help prepare future moms.
- We work with local organizations to help you in other ways.
When you need a plan that has your health covered, BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid is the right plan for you.