Maternal Child Services: New Baby, New Life℠
New Baby, New Life is a proactive case management (CM) program for all expectant mothers and their newborns. It identifies pregnant women as early in their pregnancies as possible through review of state enrollment files, claims data, lab reports and hospital census reports; provider notification of pregnancy; delivery notification forms; and self-referrals. Once pregnant members are identified, we act quickly to assess obstetrical risk and ensure the member receives appropriate levels of care and CM services to mitigate risk.
For our highest-risk pregnant members, experienced case managers work with members and providers to establish a care plan. Case managers collaborate with community agencies to ensure mothers have access to necessary services including transportation; Women, Infants, and Children (WIC); home visitor programs; and breastfeeding support and counseling.
When it comes to our pregnant members, we are committed to keeping both mom and baby healthy.
That’s why we encourage all of our pregnant members take part in our New Baby, New Life program — a comprehensive CM and care coordination program offering:
- Individualized, one-on-one CM support for high-risk pregnant members.
- Care coordination for pregnant members who may need a little extra support.
- Educational materials and information on community resources.
- My Advocate™, a program that provides pregnant women proactive, culturally appropriate outreach and education through interactive voice response, text or smart phone application (to learn more select My Advocate provider letter below).
- Healthy Rewards to members who keep up with prenatal and postpartum checkups as well as well-child visits after the baby is born (to learn more select Healthy Rewards flier below).
To be sure your patients are part of New Baby, New Life, complete the Maternity Notification Form below!
New Baby, New Life resources:
This link leads to a third party website. That company is solely responsible for the privacy policies and content on its site.